Simons Architects stands in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement and we support those who are continuing to fight against racial injustice and police brutality. The deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor have made public the systemic racism within this country and the events of the past week have revealed that silence is not an option.
As architects, we are committed to protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public and believe that the worth, dignity, and equality of all people should be defended and uplifted. Through listening, continued growth, and education we strive to foster a society and workplace of inclusion, acceptance, and equality.
We understand the continued work that is involved in fighting racism and commit to:
- Listen to our communities and educate ourselves on the many ways that we can be allies as a profession.
- Ask hard questions of ourselves and our colleagues.
- Focus on design that encourages equality, safety, justice, and respect.
- Work towards our mission of creating buildings that elevate every human potential.
- Encourage our peers to speak out and take action in the face of racism.
Below are links to organizations that support the efforts of racial justice, equality, and representation in our community.